Holy Cross Church was built in the 1200s, with the first vicar holding services in 1223. There is a plaque listing all of the names the vicars since. The church is Grade II* listed.
The main part of the church (nave, tower and side aisles) is constructed in stone with timber and lead forming the roof. The chancel was a later addition, being added in the 1800s, it being constructed of brick with a slate roof. There is a stone tower with five bells and and a sanctus, all of which are the subject of a current restoration project. The East window is stained glass.
The grass in the large churchyard is maintained by four Jacob sheep, so visitors must please keep the gate shut.