Elizabeth Griffin Memorial Hall
The village came together in 1956 to build what was to be known as the Elizabeth Griffin Memorial Hall.
Holy Cross Church provided the land, and the village chose to fundraise in the name of Elizabeth Griffin who was a tireless supporter of the local community.
Edward Griffin, her husband, was so touched that the community honoured Elizabeth’s memory in this way, he match funded the village fundraising contributions. The residents still speak today of the strength of community spirit at the time and the fun had in organising fairs and events which together with Edwards contribution raised the £3000 needed to build the hall. The hall, was officially opened by Mr N.Shand-Kydd in December 1956, and was dedicated by the Bishop of Buckingham, the Rt. Rev. Robert Hay.